Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, January 3, 2022

Following Jesus Christ's Example

Happy 2022! Pretty crazy how fast 2021 went by. Also rad cuz I got to be a missionary for the WHOLE year! I am hyped to get to watch my "2021 highlight reel" when I die and get to judgment Haha. 



Anyways....this week was real good!! It honestly was a pretty long week though. But two of our friends were baptized and confirmed a member of Christ's church! Friday and Dee are such good examples to me. We met Friday about 1.5 months ago and met Dee like 2.5 months ago (back when I was with Elder Cleverly and Sedgwick). They are just the best!!!


Things I thought I'd bring up this week:

- We had a "snow squall" (basically just a super snowy snowstorm, with basically no visibility), and like one or two more normal snowstorms. I LOVE THE SNOW! But I also miss the warm ðŸ¥¶
Chilly and snowy phone call 


- We saw someone have a seizure on the side of the road. We asked to help but they already had a nurse there and ready to help.

- Church times changed, which really messed with the people we are teaching (and ourselves). Cuz now we have church back-to-back and have to miss more of our wards cuz they overlap. 
Exchange w/ Elder Jeppson!!! 


- Friday and Dee got baptized! We started teaching Friday because we asked to help her unload some groceries into her new apartment. Then we shared some things about our church and started teaching her! She also has a little baby, who is the coolest. 
Friday's Baptism





Friends that came to support Friday at her baptism!! 

-We started teaching Dee cuz we knocked on her door (pretty randomly actually) and we were looking for someone else. But she was there and God is in the little things! It ended up being an answer to Dee's prayers that we came that specific day
Dee's Baptism




How was my New Year's Eve?? — Well. We went to bed at like 10:20 pm haha. I think this was one of the first times not staying up for midnight. But man we were TIRED! 

THANK YOU!!! Thank you so much to everyone who sent me a Christmas gift, card, letter, or even sent prayers my way! I love y'all and am very grateful for my support all over the world. The Christmas cards are hanging up on our bathroom door ðŸ˜‚ gotta keep the Ditto tradition alive (except on the bathroom door haha)

Song of the Week:



Scripture of the Week:
- Matthew Chapter 3 (The New Testament). This is where Jesus Christ was baptized and followed God's commandment. I love this Chapter, and really love to share it with people we teach. It is so cool to look at how Jesus Christ traveled so far to be baptized by proper authority! He didn't just go to his neighbor Jarold....he traveled around 40 miles to go to John the Baptist - who had that authority (priesthood) from God to baptize. We can learn so much from the scriptures and what Jesus Christ taught and did. 

L O V E,
Elder Ditto 

2 comments:

  1. So excited for both Friday and Dee! We pray it'll be life-changing for them both. The Lord is My Light is one of the best! Make it another great week! love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a special opportunity for Matt and his family! So delighted to think of Friday and Lizzie sharing this special time, and relationships being made that may continue on even after you have completed your mission. You are helping to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete