Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, October 18, 2021

Baptizing and teaching in another language

What's goooood?! I really hope life is treating everyone well. This week was packed full of crazy things. But first off, I want to thank everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday! It was definitely a happy bday and now I am 21 years old. Super legit. 



Got to see my favorite member of the Holliday stake 

I think I am going to do another list of events that happened this last week: 


- We had Zone Conference, and I learned a lot! Especially about Joseph Smith, and all that he did and sacrificed for the church and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I KNOW he is a man of God and that without the Restoration, we wouldn't be here today and have the good news we have. 


- ANGELINA got baptized! 
Angelina got baptized! 


- RILEY got baptized!! Shoutout to Riley who is reading this 
Riley got baptized!! 


- it's actually getting COLD! Like I have to wear coats sometimes, and there is snow in the mountains
Beautiful fall colors!

- our friends Stan and Stanley (if you remember... we met them like 2 months ago) are doing well except for Stan's health. PLEASE pray for him. He needs it
Elder Cleverly with some of our weights 


- Did the Blazin Challenge at Buffalo Wild Wings

- it was my birthday (I opened like all my presents in the morning cuz I couldn't wait) 
Went to taco land #thanksmatt


- Had a super weird Sunday school lesson. We talked about how the "Keys to the Priesthood" are physical keys that you can hold. Then we had to clarify and correct that they are more so metaphorical haha 

- both the baptisms that happened on Saturday started late
Cold rainy day drives 


- A member was talking to us about how South Salt Lake has the highest crime rate in all of Utah. GNAR
One of the peeps we are teaching got a kitten 


Oh also, this week I taught my first whole lesson in...SPANISH! Not Japanese sadly ðŸ˜‚😪 but it was way sick. I have done street contacts or door-knocking with some Spanish companions. But this was my first like legit lesson. It was way hard, and I definitely didn't carry. I also had to say the prayer in the end. It was cool tho cuz the guy and my temporary companion (I was on exchanges) told me that they really felt the spirit and even though it was poop Spanish probably, it got the message across. 

Scripture of the Week: 
- John 14:27. Jesus Christ gives us PEACE
27 aPeace I leave with you, my bpeace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be ctroubled, neither let it be afraid.

Song of the Week:
- Praise to the Man!! We sang this at Zone Conference, and wow I felt the spirit so strong. Such an amazing song when we all sang it together. FIRE



Love,
- Elder Ditto 

1 comment:

  1. Exciting news regarding baptisms! Love Praise to the Man! One of our favorite hymns and the arrangement at Gen Conf was amazing. I can't remember if I told you Happy Birthday but sending our birthday wishes your way. Glad you had a wonderful day! love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete