Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, February 21, 2022

I made it to Wyoming!!!

Alright, I'm gonna make this a quick one, and then jump into some spiritual stuff. 
Elder Thomas, ElderThiess, and myself



Here are the highlights: 

- Went to Wyoming!!! First time ever. Pretty hyped about it. Got to do exchanges and trainings around there.
Elder Hernandez and myself


- Elder Hernandez has been sick all week so we have to pause so he can inject himself with medicine all the time haha. He has been downing DayQuil and Robitussin to help out.
Crazy glasses I found while giving a training



- Had this funny experience where a member let us into her complex and then we were knocking on some doors and then we ended up knocking on her door without realizing it😂 we started up a conversation and found out she is from Brazil and we asked if she is Catholic haha. She was really confused and the language barrier did NOT help.

- It snowed a little last night and this morning
A train on the way home 


- Had a talent show at Zone Conference and I performed. Thanks to all my training with the little Japanese toy...けん玉
Some elders performing at the talent show 


Also at Zone Conference, Sister Prier shared with us something that I wanted to share with everyone. She shared these three questions that she tries to think about when she talks:

- Does it need to be said? 
- Does it need to be said by me?.
- Does it need to be said by me now? 

I'd invite everyone to think about these questions too. It's pretty amazing how many things we say, and then after thinking about these questions you realize it wasn't needed. 


This talk I really want to share with y'all is called "Remember How Merciful the Lord Hath Been" by Neal A. Maxwell. I really enjoyed this talk and he talks about the "Wandamere ward," which is one of the wards that I covered for the last six months!

Oh, and this quote from a talk I listened to this last week is stuck in my head. It's from the Prophet of the Church:

"Fruit detached from the roots cannot long survive" - President Russell M. Nelson (April 2004)

Song of the Week:

- "I Had A Real Good Mother And Father" by The Lower Lights. I am so thankful for my wonderful mom and dad. They have taught me how I should luve my life, and are MY parents. I wouldn't have it any other way. They taught me what to do and how to act, and continue to show me that example. 



Scripture of the Week:

- 1 Corinthians Chapter 13. The last few days I have been thinking a lot about charity and how I can better show it. This chapter was one that really stuck out to me yesterday. I am grateful for opportunities when I am pushed to show my charity and patience with those I get to surround myself with. 



Love, 
Elder Ditto

2 comments:

  1. Great song, and scripture Tyler - thanks for sharing! Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great talk by Elder Maxwell! Love his talks! Hope E. Hernandez gets better real soon and that you keep getting more and more snowpack in the mountains to help alleviate the severe drought! Make it a great week! love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete