Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, March 7, 2022

Meeting Drake in Utah!

What a time to be alive my friends. This week it was 70° one day, and then just yesterday it was dumping snow. Pretty wild. 




Last monday after our preparing for the week, we had a pretty crazy experience/visit with a man. I won't share much, but one thing I really felt was God's love for this man and that Heavenly Father is proud of his desire to try. Not even just him actually trying but I really feel like God is excited when we first have that DESIRE change and do better. I know He can work with that. All we gotta do is surrender our will to His. This man also shared with us some really personal and raw things that made him vulnerable. That takes humility, courage and trust. We barely even said anything the whole time. We just sat there and listened, and showed him we cared. Literally I probably said like three sentences the whole time. We prayed together and while I was saying the prayer I felt so much love for this man and especially for my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I love the gospel and I love trying to do better every day. 

Other notable events: 
- Spent 3 days in Evanston, Kemmerer, and Green River Wyoming doing exchanges! It was really enjoyable and I met tons of great people.
Welcome to Utah!! 


- Met a guy who lives in Puerto Rico cuz taxes are cheaper and he has his own business and does stokes haha. We talked to him while on the way home from WY and stopped at a truck stop. We showed him the Book of Mormon app and he loved it and was hyped to listen while he drives his trucks around.
 Park City


- Went on an exchange with Young Chap's #1 fan.
Crazy story: but basically this family knows Elder Nogueira and his sister met the mom a while ago and now her son is on a mission and was his MTC comp! 


- Met a guy named Drake on an exchange. Sadly he doesn't rap, but he doesn't play basketball for Westminster.
Elder Hernandez and myself


- Had a zoom call with some missionaries to follow up on the trainings we have been giving. It's pretty crazy to see the difference between the missionaries who have chosen to follow Preach My Gospel and those who aren't. It takes humility to change. Blessings come when following servants of Christ, and align with the brethren. 


OZ GOT BAPTIZED! I got to go visit (literally a 5 min drive from our apartment right now haha) and watch him make that covenant with his Heavenly Father! So sick. It was really awesome getting to see a lot of my friends from my last area. Oh, and Dee gave that closing prayer! That was rad.
Oz's baptism


Okay but this week was SO exhausting. Me and Elder Hernandez did not get as much sleep as we are supposed to since we were all over the place all the time. But it is cool cuz never will I ever have this opportunity to serve the Lord with this much dedication and time. And I have seen blessings and support from God. 
Salt Lake Capital



Song of the Week:
- "I Hear A Call" by The Lower Lights



Scripture of the Week:
- 3 Nephi 23:9-14 (The Book of Mormon). I love this scripture!! It is so cool how Jesus Christ teaches and asks his disciples to write the miracles and teachings down. They chose not to write the things that Christ commanded them to...probably thinking that they can do just find remembering it themselves. BUT that was not what was asked of them. Christ commanded them to write those teachings down. Once Nephi realized he didn't do what was commanded of him, he repented and recorded those teachings. Then after those things were written, Jesus Christ expounded upon the words. I know that it is an eternal principle to record and write down things, especially things that are of God. 

Verily I say unto you, I commanded my servant aSamuel, the Lamanite, that he should testify unto this people, that at the day that the Father should glorify his name in me that there were bmany csaints who should darise from the dead, and should appear unto many, and should minister unto them. And he said unto them: Was it not so?

10 And his disciples answered him and said: Yea, Lord, Samuel did prophesy according to thy words, and they were all fulfilled.

11 And Jesus said unto them: How be it that ye have not awritten this thing, that many bsaints did arise and appear unto many and did minister unto them?

12 And it came to pass that Nephi remembered that this thing had not been written.

13 And it came to pass that Jesus commanded that it should be awritten; therefore it was written according as he commanded.

14 And now it came to pass that when Jesus had aexpoundedall the scriptures in one, which they had written, he commanded them that they should bteach the things which he had expounded unto them.




Have a great week, 
Elder Ditto

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous picture of the SLC capitol! We visited Kemmerer when the Seiler's lived there. Met several great people! Awesome that Oz got baptized and that you were able to be there. Praying for all of you missionaries and your investigators every day! love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete