Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, March 14, 2022

Recent Converts & The Prophet's Barber!

What a wonderful week! Except for the fact that I was sick for the whole thing haha. I did realize that it was so important to be grateful for our good health. 


Anyways, I don't remember much of what happened this week that was notable, but here are a few things I will share:

- There was a drove by shooting the other day and they fired 36 rounds. Everyone is okay to my knowledge tho
Exchange with Elder Bailey


- Being sick sucks

- Met the barber who cut the hair of TONS of prophets and apostles (President Monson, Nelson, Hinckley, Elder Uchtdorf, Eyring, Holland, Oaks, etc.)

- Saw Felicia and Valerie!! They got baptized when I was in my first area, about a year ago. They are doing well 

- Had Raising Canes for the first time
Elder Hernandez and Raising Canes



- Got to play soccer and basketball with some Japanese exchange students
The 日本人 squad


Also this week I found out Parker Morgan past away this last week. Him and I were not best friends or anything, but I did know him and it is always especially sad when young people pass away. And it was out of anyone's control. I have been praying for his family and close friends. I know that the Plan of Salvation can bring happiness and peace to everyone. #livelikeparker 

-----
I wanted to share a quote from a talk given by our modern day prophet, President Nelson titled "The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation"

Ponder these three truths:
- The Restoration is a process, not an event, and will continue until the Lord comes again.
- The ultimate objective of the gathering of Israel is to bring the blessings of the temple to God’s faithful children.
- As we seek how to accomplish that objective more effectively, the Lord reveals more insights. The ongoing Restoration needs ongoing revelation.

I am so grateful for the Restoration of The Church or Jesus Christ, and for modern day revelation. I also know that the temple is an important place and is where we can go to feel close to our loving Heavenly Father. Even if you can't go inside, then go visit the temple grounds! It's a beautiful place and will being great feelings of peace, love, and comfort. 
Cool stained glass of the First Vision


-----

Oh...also this week is transfers! I will leave it a suprise of what us happening, but it's pretty crazy! The things that are gonna happen to me are super rare. So look forward to next week! 

Song of the Week:
- A Moment Apart by ODESZA



Scripture of the Week:
- Alma 40:23 (The Book of Mormon). I am so grateful for this knowledge I have. It is something that I probably take for granted. I hope that if you
23 The asoul shall be brestored to the cbody, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a dhair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and eperfect frame. 25 And then shall the arighteous shine forth in the kingdom of God.

Have a great week, 
Elder Ditto

1 comment:

  1. Talk about a cliffhanger! We have to wait a whole week?!? So sorry you were sick, that does suck. I've never heard of Raising Canes except for a book with that title that's supposed to help you raise sons.=) So did you get your hair cut by the infamous barber?? Love the stained glass - which chapel is that in? Make it a great week! love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete