Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, May 30, 2022

Skateboarding Answers Prayers

Happy Memorial Day! I pray you all are having an enjoyable day and hopefully getting to spend time with family and friends. 

Elder Canty, Elder Scott, and myself 


The last seven days have been a wild ride. Here are a few of the things I can remember:

- I keep talking in my sleep. My companions report back to me every morning with a new story. Some of the ones from this week included: sending a referral, teaching in Spanish, yelling at people, speaking Japanese, giving counsel after an exchange, speaking some made-up language, etc.

- Lots of office work. There is a new Mission President coming in like three weeks, so we are excited and prepping for their arrival
Me and Elise!


- I saw Elise Gordon (a friend from BYU)!!! She just showed up at one of the wards we serve in. I didn't even see her until she came up to me after the meeting 


flat tire...



- We got a flat tire 😒 the PSI went down SOO fast it was crazy. Literally went from full to completely empty in like 5 seconds.
Me and a ward member named parker (he knows Elder Hamner)

 I made Brazilian stroganoff 



- Went on one of the best exchanges ever. Shoutout Elder Heggie

Fishing!!


- Went fishing this week!

The baptism of Dulce and Jayleen 


-This weekend we also got to go to a baptism for some kids I taught a bit in my last area. Dulce and Jayleen are great examples to me! They stood out as examples to me from when I first met them! We also went to a baptism with our friend Rae we are teaching. It was a really good service. 

Last story: 

There is this guy in one of the wards who likes to skateboard too. So we get along well and talk about skating whenever we see each other. Well...he didn't seem to have very good skate shoes and his board was pretty beat up. I decided to give him a pair of shoes and a deck I had (since we aren't allowed to skate in this mission). He was super appreciative, and I later found out it was an answer to his prayers. This is why I share this. He later told me that he had been having a really tough month, and his skate shoes were stolen (along with other things). He said it reminded him how much God cares about us and the things we like to do. I am grateful God allowed me to be an answer to my friend's prayer. 


There was this thought shared at a Bible study we were at last night. We talked about how God will never give us anything we can't handle without his help. We might feel like it is too much for JUST me...but with Christ, then I can handle and go through anything. I really feel this is true and reminds me of the importance of turning and asking for help. 

Song of the Week:
- Be Thou My Vision by Elenyi



Scripture of the Week:
- 1 Nephi 1:20 (The Book of Mormon)
20 And when the Jews heard these things they were angry with him; yea, even as with the prophets of old, whom they had acast out, and stoned, and slain; and they also bsoughthis life, that they might take it away. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender cmercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of ddeliverance.
- I really know that faith brings miracles. Being obedient because of faith and love is really what we need. It is what brings miracles. Just being obedient out of conscience is different. I know God loves me and you, and that He wants to bless us and deliver us. 

Love,
Elder Ditto 

No comments:

Post a Comment