Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, May 16, 2022

Support the Locals

Hello everyone! This week flew by! And the weather the last few days has been SO nice! It's insane. I can't think of any good stories to share right now, so I will just bullet list some things that happened...

Saying peaceout to Elder Lima



- Went to Rock Springs, WY for exchanges. Everything went smoothly, and I learned a lot while over there! People in Wyoming are so nice, it's crazy!!
I fell asleep in the car :(


- Ate gas station frozen pizza
Exchanges with Elder Jones


- Got to watch another baptism of someone named Geradus! He got baptized at the same age as Jesus, and on his birthday. Pretty rad day if you ask me
Meeting Elder Laytons grandma who is serving in the Family History Center


- Met Elder Layton's grandma (from the MTC) while knocking doors haha
Dinner with the comps


- had really good meetings with President, and planned out Zone Conference. The first one of the transfer is tomorrow, so I'm hyped for that!


- supported the locals by buying some lemonade from a little lemonade stand in Holladay. I asked the two middle school girls what they were saving up for, and they said "hmm...I actually don't know...we just like money"



I had a few opportunities to strengthen my testimony of prayer this week. I lost my bag I carry around that has my camera in it. I left it on a park bench in Midvale. I prayed that I would be able to find it and nobody stole it. Then my prayer was answered. Then the next day I left my other bag with all my scriptures in it at someone's house ðŸ˜‚ prayer is real, and it REALLY helps, and REALLY works. 

Quote of the Week:
"complaining is for the weak, not the meek"

Song of the Week:
- Have I Done Any Good? (Hymn 223). We sang this song in one of the sacrament meetings, and I was really caught by the lyrics. I can feel that this song has urgency behind it. I felt the importance of serving and "doing good" all the time! 



Scripture of the Week:
- Luke 10:30-34 (The New Testament). The parable of the Good Samaritan is such a versatile story, and I learn something new every time I read it. When I read it yesterday, I learned more about selfless service and love. 

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and awounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain aSamaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had bcompassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took acare of him.


- Elder Ditto 

No comments:

Post a Comment