Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

🌲MERRY CHRISTMAS🌲

Feliz Navidad everyone!

Christmas is the best, isn't it?! My Christmas this year went a little like this:

We woke up, I opened a few gifts, and made pancakes, waffles, bacon. Then I got to call my family and open the gifts from them. 
Video call with the fam and I got a ping pong set from some of my Aunts and Uncles!

So fun talking to everyone


Then we got to visit a member's home, made some crock pot pork and rolls for dinner, caroled to our Mission President's house and a few other people. Then we went to bed. 
Christmas at a member's home 

Sharing a member message in action haha 


Overall Christmas was pretty good. I thought it would suck but it was actually pretty fun. It was also awesome talking to my family and getting to see them on Christmas. Christmas Eve we had dinner with our district and I got to play some basketball. It was pretty sick. 
Christmas Eve Dinner Set up 


Also this week was Zone Conference (a big meeting that is like all day and you go to workshops and hear lots of awesome messages with other missionaries). We talked a lot about how to become a better missionary (surprising right), and about being a "light" to others. I really learned a lot. 
We talked about being a "lower light" and some missionaries sang "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy."  This is "The Lower Lights" singing this song.

Also I've got another story this week from the branch. We were about to start church and started the announcements, when the Branch President got a phone call and had to take it. Then they just paused the whole meeting and he talked to whoever he was talking to. Then he hung up and got the zoom call working and resumed as usual. Then during the meeting he got another call and turned on his phone flashlight while on the phone and flashed everyone in the meeting. 
Me with the Bountiful Temple 


Anyways, that is basicslly this week. I hope you all get to party it up on New Year's Eve and are stoked for 2021. Live it up. 
Elder Leon doesn't like the cold 


Scripture of the week:
- Alma 17 (The Book Of Mormon). I love the story of Alma and the sheep. And getting to teach the King. I have learned so much from these scriptures. Alma is such a good example of a missionary and a good person. 

Song(s) of the week:
- I Hope They Call Me On A Mission by Vocal Point. 

Sadly, this isn't Vocal Point singing the song as I couldn't find a version to share.

My mom sent me this song last week and man it's so good. Also it brings back memories for some reason. Throwback to when I was like eight year's old and singing this song and boom now I'm here. Kinda crazy. 

- Barbara Ann by The Beach Boys. I love the Beach Boys. So good. 


Love, 
ヂットー長老

No comments:

Post a Comment