Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, January 4, 2021

Winning the Most Important Game of Rock Paper Scissors

 YOOOO! What's good Fam?


Last week on pday, we went to get a Costco membership for Elder Leon (he got one for Christmas), and when you get a Costco membership, you get another "free" one. He said me and another Elder needed to Rock Paper Scissors for the free one. Well I ended up winning the first 2 games and it was best of 3, so I came out victorious. Now I'm a Costco Membership holder😎
Pic with a snowman ⛷


Oh my gosh! Last week I forgot to say thank you to everyone that sent me any letters or packages these past few weeks. They are so so fun to get and I always get so stoked to open them. It makes any day better! Much love goes out to you guys. 
Our hotel room (the one with the blue lights) 


The Salt Lake City Mission set a goal back in October to have 200 baptisms by Christmas. We found out this week that we met our goal (after they changed it to by Christmas weekend)! So that is super cool and exciting. 

Oh also this week I met a guy who used to a member of the Fundamentalist LDS church but a few years ago joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a super super interesting message and visit. I wish we could have stayed longer honestly haha. I could have talked to him all day. So many crazy stories and he lived a very different life as a kid. 
Good quote from a good song 

Helping Relief Society President load her moving van.

This drink tastes like liquid hi-chews.

Such a dope hole 


Oh and I guess this last week was New Year's. We didn't do that much. We watched "It's a Wonderful Life" and played a few games and ate some food. It was pretty fun. Nothing too crazy. Another year with no New Year's kiss sadly. Oh well, i did get to read this super cool book called The Book of Mormon. I highly suggest it. 

Song of the Week:
- I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz. 


I've always liked this song. And my mom loves Jason Mraz a lot so I remember listening to it since I was young. Try thinking of it as you and God and it's kinda cool to think about. This song bops tho.

Scripture of the Week: 
- We have shared this scripture (Moroni 7:45-48) with people and members we have visited, and I have loved learning from it. 

45 And acharity suffereth long, and is bkind, and cenvieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily dprovoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—

47 But acharity is the pure blove of Christ, and it endureth cforever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, apray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true bfollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall cbe like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be dpurifiedeven as he is pure. Amen.


That scripture is all about charity and love and I continue to learn more each time, but one thing that was shared in specific this week really hit me. Our ward mission leader asked what "endureth" or to endure means to us and why charity endureth forever. My first thought was about how being charitable (or at least trying to be) helps me enjoy the moment more and allows me to endure better. 
I cleaned off our counter so I could make a tech deck park. Sooo rad, right! 

our car

A WHOLE box of Book of Mormons

Posing with something who will listen to me

"I got 2 phones... one for the plug and one for the...." 🎼


Hurrah for Israel 

Love, Elder Ditto 

No comments:

Post a Comment