Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Quarantine

Howdy everyone. Thus week was probably one of the weirdest and hardest weeks of my mission yet. 



I was really struggling with some things at the beginning of the week and was praying even more than I ever have. Being totally honest with you guys...there have been quite a few times when I really really just wanted to go home. And I assume there will be more of those days to come. But Heavenly Father answered my prayers in a weird way. One of the Elders who lives above us in the hotel had to go home this week for some medical reasons (I am really sad he had to go home), so we got the other Elder (Elder Hamner) at least until transfers on the 20th. 

Saying Goodbye to Elder Wolf 


Oh and I got covid (I think... I still haven't gotten my results back from testing) so now we are in quarantine. Quarantine would have been WAY worse if it was just me and Elder Leon. So I am really grateful for Elder Hamner, and we get along well. 
On our way to get covid tested 



Oh also i forgot to tell you guys but last week we taught Kohtatsu a lesson last Sunday and it was FIRE. We taught him about The Plan of Salvation and Happiness. It was super cool. He said he wants to learn more.
I love these signs 


Here is a day in the life for me during a normal day, since lots of my non-missionary friends have asked:
6:30-8: wake up, workout, pray, read some scriptures
8-9: shower, eat breakfast 
9-10: personal study 
10-11:30: comp study 
11:30-12:30: lunch
12:30-1:30: language study 
1:30-5: missionary work (visit people, visit members, make videos, go to meetings)
5-6: dinner 
6-9: visit members, share messages, do missionary work 
9-10: get ready for bed and clean some stuff
10-10:30: get even more ready for bed

And yup... That's about how my life is every day. Missionary work is the fun part and talking to people is my favorite. Everything else is way less fun. I really hate studying for so long in a row but Elder Leon likes to stay home so he can be comfy in his comfy clothes and blanky. Oh well. It's okay. 

Oh also side note: some people thought that I actually have two phones now cuz of a pic I put in last week's email. I only have one phone. And yes it still sucks a lot. The other phone is Elder Leon's. 
Getting our oil changed


Another update: I love Elder Hamner. He is from Colorado and likes to climb. He is super cool and is going to UVU after his mission. Him joining us until the end of the transfer at least and is an answer to a prayer. Quarantining with 3 people is way better.

Random Story: President Prier (our mission president) knocked on our door at 10:15 pm on Friday night and apparently there was a fight and gun shots in and around our hotel and the elders downstairs called him so he came up and checked in on us. It was a super random surprise as we were all in bed trying to sleep. It was good to see President Prier tho. 

We found this shopping cart in the parking garage next door 


Well sorry this email is kinda all over the place. It was a weird week. I hope you all had a good week and are feeling healthy. Love you all and thank you for the prayers. I need them.

Scripture of the Week: 
- 1 Nephi 1:1 (The Book of Mormon): 

 

I, Nephi, having been aborn of bgoodly cparents, therefore I was dtaught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many eafflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a frecord of my proceedings in my days.

 

 
I really love this scripture cuz it reminds me of how lucky I am to have such great parents who raised me well. They really are the best. My challenge to you guys would to just think about your parents and all they have done for you and tell them thank you. They aren't perfect obviously but I am so grateful for my mom and dad. 

Song of the Week:
- On My Mind by Young Chap. 

Young Chap (Nathan, my little bro) has been dropping some fire songs recently. I hope when I come back home he is famous and has got a platinum record company or something. Love u dude. 
Security cam selfie 


Love, 
Elder Ditto

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't have COVID but if you do, we pray it's a super mild case! Hope you make it a better week! Yes, you were born of goodly parents!! love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete