Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, February 15, 2021

Being Cupid for Christ's Love

This week was one of the slowest weeks yet... On Wednesday I thought it was Friday, so that really just messed up the whole week lol. It wasn't a bad week tho. We did some good stuff. 

Oquirrh mountain temple


Smoker Scare: 
- First off, shoutout to Barnes 姉妹 for always saying "びっくり" whenever you're scared. I wish I was so fluent in Japanese that I would say it without thinking haha. Anyways, we went to go visit this family who we were told to stop by and see how they were doing. When we walked up to the door, I knocked and then heard this guy to the right of us (hidden behind all this junk and sitting on an office swivel chair) say "HEY. What are you guys doing." I swear my heart jumped. I had no idea there was anyone there and then when I did come aware of his existence, I thought he was some homeless guy (there are tons of homeless peeps around here) just mooching off this families little corner smoking a cig. Turns out he's the guy we were trying to visit haha. He was nice and had just gotten done with dialysis so he was wiped. His wife later came out to join him in destroying her lungs sadly. They said we can come back and visit later. 
Oh and we played spikeball last week


Nipper:
- We visited this nice lady this week named Sister Nipper. We were looking for her son to talk to him mostly but I guess he's in prison now so sadly we didn't meet him. Let me tell you tho... It's hard not to laugh during a prayer while saying "Nipper." I don't think that has ever come out of my mouth during a prayer prior to then. 
Facts!

Exchanges with a 7 footer:
- Our ZL (zone leader (a companionship who helps run some meetings and go on "exchanges" with missioanries in our zone) Elder Peterson is 7ft tall. He's so cool. We get along really well and man I wish I could be comps with him. Hanging out and visiting peeps with him on Tuesday afternoon made it a fun day. 

Made myself a tech deck:
My new deck (it's not done yet)


- If you want a custom board then lemme know haha. Maybe I'll start a business out here. 

It Snowed:
- Man, still a weak Utah winter. But we did get some snow this week which was good. 
Moving sticks with dogs 


Moving Sticks:
- We got to help a fam move some sticks, leaves, and cement blocks into a Uhaul (Not the way I could suggest to move dirty stuff but it worked). They also have a nice dog.

Call me Cupid:
- Sister Lafortune sent me some Valentine's Day cards to make for people. THANK YOU! What a great idea. So all day Sunday basically, we delivered Valentine's Day Cards to different people in the wards we are over and lots of single ladies. It was so fun actually. We got to see almost everyones reactions. 
Homemade Valentine's cards 




The best one was probably Felicia and Valerie when they said "What the heck...what is this?.....oh wait...its from the Elders....who are the Elders?.... OH! Mom it's from the missionaries!...wait why did they just leave this card on the door?...oh it's a Valentine! That's so nice of them." 

Well thats pretty much this whole week. Hopefully you guys had a great week and got to celebrate Single Awareness Day😍
I got to see my boi Kapono. What a beast! We are serving in the same zone right now.


Song of the Week:
- Kokomo by The Beach Boys. The Beach Boys are so good. This one is especially good too. 


Scripture of the Week:
- Alma 43:54 (The BoM). 
54 Now Moroni, when he saw their aterror, commanded his men that they should stop shedding their blood.
This week I was thinking about how to be bold as a missionary and why it's is a good thing. I'm also reading in the war chapters and this is when Moroni is commanding his men to stop fighting. Moroni is a great example to me. 

Love, 
Elder Ditto





I just had to try this Facebook challenge. It was just so dang cute.

Share your story! Valentine’s Day is coming! ❤️

Here’s our story:
How’d you meet: my parents introduced us
First Date: probably EFY when I was like 14
How long have you been together: 20 years. But The Big Man Upstairs might say only a few years...
Married: basically
Age difference: bro nobody can count that high
Who is older: Obviously her
Who was interested first: I wish I could say I was... but probably not
Who is taller: Me by a long shot
Who said I love you first: The Big Man Upstairs
Most impatient: 私 (Me)
Most sensitive: probably me cuz she's just a book. But She definetly comforts me more
Loudest: Me... she can only talk through The Big Man Upstairs, which can make it hard to hear her
Most stubborn: 私 (Me)
Falls asleep first: not even a question. Sometimes I fall asleep without even looking at her ☹
Cooks better: for sure me
Better morning person: literally have no idea. Maybe me
Better driver: Me. Unless Tiwi is present...
Most Competitive: Me
Funniest: The Big Man Upstairs
Where do you eat out most as a couple?: Probably just good ol' McDanks
Who is more social?: Me
Who is the neat freak?: idk
Where was your first kiss?: gross..... never
How long did it take to get serious?: wayy too long
Who's indecisive?: Me. The Man Upstairs always got his stuff together
Who spends more?: Me. Shoutout to tithing for helping me tho
Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong?: It should be me. But never is
Who sings better?: 私
Who hogs the remote?: I don't use remotes. I use my mind
Did you go to the same high school?: depends who you ask
Where is the furthest you two have traveled together?: currently probably just Utah...sadly...hopefully to Japan one day tho
Who drives when you're going somewhere together?: She can't drive
Post a picture of you and your valentine! 💖
The Book of Mormon:)
Fr tho, this book is amazing. If you haven't read it, then please do. I can even get you a free one 😊

1 comment:

  1. hehe! When Blayre was a young girl she wanted to name her child Key Largo!

    ReplyDelete