Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, March 8, 2021

Tandem Biker Gang

Wow what a week.... honestly a pretty wack week. 

Tandem Bike Ride:
I got to ride a tandem bike with another Elder last week and that was so dope. Definitely the coolest ride on the mission thus far!


"I promise I won't break it":
On Monday night I went to go pick up a new phone from another Elder who was going home. I got it and was excited to finally upgrade from my J3 (probably the worst phone to exist in my opinion). Flip phones are more desirable haha. Anyways, this new phone had a pop socket on it so I was trying to get that off and was waiting for some other Elders to bring me some dental floss (because that's what you are supposed till use to get them off). Then Elder Cooper was like begging me to let him try to get it off with his huge pocket kife he has. And he kept promising he would be careful and wouldn't break it. So I gave in and let him try. Then like a minutes later, I turn and look and he is cranking on this poor little phone hard so I tell him to chill and just let me wait. He wouldn't stop and then he started to use the knife to pry it open and use leverage. I could literally see the back of the phone bending and then BOOM POP. Shattered phone. 


I'm not sharing this for empathy or anything like that...this sucked and at first I wanted to just go off on him and sock him in the face or something like that. Man companions can be hard sometimes. But this experience helped me realize how imperfect I am and how Christ loves everyone. This was kinda a test of my Grace and love. I really wanted "justice" and for him to "pay" for his idiotic move.


Forgiving people is hard but it is a blessing to be able to try to forgive and forget. 

Japanese is Easy: 🤣
Psych!! Is flipping hard.... but there were some cool experiences with it this week. We were at youth group on Wednesday and while we were playing this dodgeball game I got a call from some random number so I ran out and picked it up. Then this dude started going off in Japanese and I had to like switch my brain to Japanese mode. We talked for like 10 minutes all in Japanese and set up an appointment to come over. It was pretty sick actually. I definently felt the gift of tongues playing a role tho. It was cool. Elder Peterson and myself also did some role playing Japanese lessons with some people this week. They were hard but a good learning experience too. 

Sad Japan News:
Japan's borders are being remained closed until March 21st. Sad... but that's okay. 


Everyone please pray and fast for the Japanese peeps that they will stay safe and open up sometime soon, because they need it. It's so cool to see so many other countries open up too tho. 😪
 A cool family in Holliday


Close Your Blinds:
Last week we were visiting these peeps and they have a huge window in the front room and when I walked up to their door I saw some stuff I wish I could un-see. Don't do romantic stuff in your front room, or at least close the blinds if you do. Man, that was a rough day lol.😶
Saying "bye" to Elder Peterson

Saying "bye" to Elder Hamner 

Saying "bye" to Elder Richards


Oh also I got to see Elder Townsend at transfers and that was sickkk. We are in the same zone now. And I said "bye" to Elder Hamner and Peterson.... sad sad times. Oh and said bye to Elder Richard's from the dai ichi ward cuz he is headed to Spokane this week.

We got to hold the cutest puppies ever!


BBQ with happy Elder Peterson


Elder Peterson
Scripture of the week: 
- Mosiah 5:2 (The Book of Mormon). How can you have a mighty change in your hearts and become more christlike?
And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty achange in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do bevil, but to do good continually.
Song of the week: 
- Raging by Kygo




Love you all so much!
- Elder Ditto

2 comments:

  1. That is a huge tender mercy to be able to switch your brain to Japanese in a split second! How awesome is that?!? We took some peanut butter lava fudge cupcakes to Nathan on his birthday Friday. Haven't heard yet if they liked them or not but hope they did. What an adorable puppy! Make it a great week!! love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your phone😢. Forgiveness, isn’t alway easy I agree, but the right thing to do. The puppy was so cute. The gift of tongues is so real and you got to experience it first hand. Our Dustin had exactly this same thing happen to him on his mission. He sure grew a testimony of this and I’m sure you did as well. Had a Stake TempIe interview with your dad last Mon eve. We talked all about you for a while, which was fun. Your folks love you so and are quite proud of you Tyler. I also got to see Chloe’s kitty. She was so cute with him. Finally your folks gave in huh? Those reptiles would have scared me, ha ha. Have a great week. Love Bill and I❤️

    ReplyDelete