Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, April 12, 2021

Sushi Time, No More Japanese, BAPTISM

Not gonna lie I am mega sad today... I just got news that I am bring transferred out of the Japanese area. Like noooooo. I love this area and Elder Peterson and me get along well so I'm mega mad sad. Oh well. I hope I get to go somewhere cool and with a good companion. Trusting in the big man upstairs. But here are some of the highlights of this last week:
Sushi timeeeee with Brother Abe 
Wow I made that! You can call mr a sushi chef (shootout to Danette for teaching me all I know. I miss your sushi!)


Elder Peterson and myself with our sushi 


- Made sushi with the Abe's and it was sooo good. And Elder Peterson hates fish and pretty much most Japanese food so I got to eat like all of his sushi so that was hype. πŸ£πŸ™
Elder Leon posting up


- It snowed this which was weird since it was 80 degrees just like 2 days before then🀯

- I read this FIRE talk ("Three Sisters" by President Uchtdorf) and then met this lady later and shared the talk with her because it totally applied to her situation. It was random tho cuz that talk was from a women's session so like why would I listen?πŸ˜‡Heavenly Father helped me be ready at the right time and place!

- Met this AWESOME girl who is SO ready for The Gospel of Jesus Christ. She has so many good questions and really wants to learn. She said she felt "spiritually full" πŸ”πŸŸπŸ₯¨πŸ…πŸŽafter one of our lessons. 

- Bishop Uemura translated for all of the Sunday conference sessions. πŸ†•️➡️㊗️So if you listen to them in Japanese then you'll hear my favorite Japanese bishop. Oh and Elder Stevenson translates his own talks to Japanese for conference the last two years. 

- Met a guy who makes big bass fishing boats and loves to fish. It made me sad I haven't fished in a long time. πŸŸπŸ 

Travis and his baptism!! Lookin fly 


- Travis GOT BAPTIZED! So exciting and I got to baptize him which was great. I realized I never really talked about him in past emails but he is a really cool 13 yr old kid and really loves God. 

- On Saturday we were supposed to have 2 baptisms, and GUESS WHAT... BOTH of them were CANCELLED πŸ˜₯the hour before the baptism. Now that was frustrating. But Travis's still happened on Sunday so that was good. 

- I apparently had a nice conversation in my sleep with Elder Peterson about baptism and missionary work. Still on the sleep talking and walking grind πŸ˜€



Quote of the Week: 
"JESUS! JESUS! How have you been?" - Gas Station man talking to us 
I LOVE this pic of Jesus called "For All Mankind" by Liz Lemon Swindle 


Scripture of the Week:
- 3 Nephi 17:7,9 (The Book of Mormon)

Have ye any that are asick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or bleprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will chealthem, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy.

And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their ablind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him.

This scripture talks about compassion and how Jesus Christ showed compassion to others. So my challenge to you is to show more compassion to the people you come in contact with this week. 

Song of the Week:
- Goodbyes by Post Malone ft. Young Thug.... (Goodbye Japanese people who I love...) πŸ˜₯


- I Will Trust In You by Elenyi. You gotta put your trust in the Lord that he knows what's best for you. 


Love you ALLLL
- Elder Ditto 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Elder Ditto, excited to hear where you are transferred. Love that talk by Elder Uchtdorf! Utah weather is definitely bi-polar. Looks like a LOT of sushi! What a fun thing to learn. Happy for Travis! Is the rest of his family baptized? Make it a great week! love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete