Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, June 28, 2021

Playing with H-O-R-S-E's

Aloha familia and amigos! 

This last week started off pretty lame cuz I was sick and did NOT feel good for most of the week. But I took a few naps and lots of pills and now I am almost back to 100%. 

Only 1 more week and a few days until transfers! I am excited to see what will happen to me and Elder Jeppson. 
Shoutout to Dittofilm Media! Thanks for the hat Kelly!


Here are some notable events from the week:

Missing Cat and Wanting Jesus:
- Okay so like a month or two ago when I was with Elder Wright, we were walking back from a lesson and a lady pulled over and was freaking out and handed us a paper telling us we need to find her cat. Anyways...we put that paper on our front door and never found the cat. Then this last week we were walking by this house and I was like "Woah...is that the cat in the picture on our door?" And then I started to talk to the people by the house. And turns out THAT WAS THE CAT! That's not even the craziest part. So they found their cat a few days before that and then they invited us over to talk about what we believe in! What a crazy turn of events. 

Amber Alert:
- On Friday evening we got a text about an Amber Alert for this girl who is missing. Then on Saturday, we got a call from this kid we were meeting with and teaching and he's like freaking out over the phone and saying how he saved this girl's life and had to fight off these guys and call the cops and the guys were all bloody, etc. HE FOUND THE GIRL FROM THE AMBER ALERT! Holy cow what a blessing and answer to so many people's prayers. Nelson saved the day!
Cute dog

Some Good ol' Fashion Rude People:
- I got told to hang myself from some guy while I was biking by him and said "hello." 
- Got flipped off a lot this week 
- Got threatened with a gun (sounds worse than it was)
- Said I worship "Mormon Jesus"
- While we were talking with this cool kid who was skating, someone drove by and yelled, "Leave that kid alone! He's just trying to skateboard!"And then the skateboard guy looks at us and says "what the ****. Does that happen to you guys a lot? That's so rude and messed up. Why doesn't he at least try talking to you? I appreciate how nice and cool you guys are." Thanks bruther for sticking up for us 🙏✌

Other notable events:
- got to play H-O-R-S-E with our friend Dave. Don't worry...I won 
- Saturday was SUPER busy 
- We met eight awesome new people this week that want to come closer to God
- Met this lady and shared a scripture with her and after we shared it she gave me her cigarette. She wants to stop smoking. Don't worry...I didn't smoke it 
- I lent this guy we are teaching by phone (he is trying to get over his heavy drug addiction) and then he dropped my phone and it almost fell over the balcony of the five-story apartment complex... not cool dude. Luckily God saved it cuz it was for sure gonna go all the way down.

Basketball with Dave and Brother Coombs 



Scripture of the Week: 
- Mark 2:26-27 (The New Testament). These scriptures talks about the Sabbath Day! I love thinking of the Sabbath and how I can better honor the Sabbath. Is there anything in your life that you feel like you could change to honor the Sabbath more and show your love and respect for Jesus Christ and your Heavenly Father? 
26 Wherefore the Sabbath was given unto man for a day of rest; and also that man should glorify God, and not that man should not eat; 
27 For the Son of man made the Sabbath day, therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath.
Song of the Week:
- Home by Philip Phillips. So good.



Love, 
Elder Ditto 

1 comment:

  1. You're the king of crazy weeks Tyler! We love your attitude and dedication.

    ReplyDelete