Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, July 26, 2021

Basically Swimming

This week kinda flew by. Got a lot done and had a busy week. Oh, also I totally forgot to tell you guys, but last week I went to Catholic Mass and I was blessed by the Priest (if I remember right, his name was Father James). It was pretty cool getting to be a part of the service and we went with this crazy alcoholic dude that is also a Priest.
Crazy dog 



Oh man....this week was also had a CRAZY storm. Like super wild. At least for Utah. We got SOAKED. And it started to hail too and we were biking around for our appointments. Sadly, I didn't get that many videos or pics of it cuz I was nervous about my camera and phone in my bag getting wet and ruined. So I covered it up with my body haha. It was actually way fun cuz it's about as close as I will get to swimming on my mission (besides baptizing people😉). 



Storm bus 

Post Storm Selfie with the flooded peeps 




The sad news is that the storm caused some people's houses to flood. Two of the kids that we are teaching (who are getting baptized this week) and their house got flooded. So we spent some time helping them move stuff and move water out of their bedroom and dry out everything. 

The two kids and their sister who are getting baptized. 


This last Saturday was PIONEER DAY. Pioneer day is like WAY big in Utah (especially for members of the church), so there are some sweet parades and BBQs and stuff like that. Sadly, we weren't allowed to go to the big parade, but we did put on a small one for the locals. 

The Pioneer Day Parade




Also, this week was Zone Conference. We talked A LOT about Jesus Christ and WHY He is our Savior. It is an incredible blessing that we have the Atonement. And The Atonement is more than just Jesus Christ suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane...it was His death, His journey, His resurrection, and His persecution. My challenge to you is to study the Atonement this week.

A guy from one of the wards gave me a sick tie. 

Scripture of the Week: 

Song of the Week:
- Come, Come Ye Saints. Pioneer Day made me think of this song. It was shared at our Zone Conference. I am so grateful for the pioneers who came and settled here in Utah


Love,  
Elder Ditto 

1 comment:

  1. Come, Come Ye Saints is one of my favorites, so inspiring and brings the Spirit. A lot of our family live in Utah and they were blown away by the storms lately! Looks like you had a great time putting on a pioneer parade - great memories of those growing up. Excited for your baptism this week! Thanks for your thoughts on the Atonement - good to put at the forefront of all we do, say, and think. Make it a great week! love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete