Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, July 12, 2021

The Importance of the Holy Ghost & a Soft Heart

New area, new comp, new angry people. And man I am really sad I left my other area. I loved all the people over there in South Salt Lake. 

Here are the highlights of the week: 
"Bye" Elder Nogueira. Sk8 buddy 


- Said "bye" to all my buddies from my other area. Honestly, some of them were hard to repost. I really love all the families and individuals I met there.  Pictures are at the end of the post.
 No more bike pedal 


- I broke my bike pedal and then crashed my bike while holding a red bull, so the red hull got crushed 😪 RIP

- Man man Justin Nemelka gave me a SICK Ditto Louis Vuitton sticker as a goodbye gift
Eternity's baptism 


- ETERNITY GOT BAPTIZED! I got to go and watch her baptism but sadly it was like right after I left the area, so I didn't get to baptize her, but I did get to support her and watch:)
Church with some kids we are teaching 


- We got a lot of our friends to come to church this week 
Snake


- We petted this NASTY GREASY dog the other day. Holy cow I think this dog hadn't had a bath in years. It was so nappy 🤯

- Met a guy who doesn't have a belief in anything. We were able to have a pretty good talk and he said he finds peace in being able to know he dies and that's the end. He said we can come back and tell him about the plan we believe in. I am so grateful to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us. 
 Native food 


Okay so now about my new area... so I am follow up training Elder Salaiau. He is from New Zealand but moved to Missouri 5 years ago. He came right out of high school and likes to sing, play some sports, video games, and he plays the piano a bit. He's a cool guy and wants to work which is good. He was called here to SLC originally and has been out for about 1.5 months. I really am white wash training tho cuz his old comp didn't really train him or introduce him to the bishops or ward mission leaders or anything. So I'm having to restart, which is hard Haha. 
 Jumping for joy 


Okay, also this week I had a pretty interesting experience that really opened my eyes to the importance of teaching with the Holy Ghost. I won't go into details cuz it will take too long but basically, now I know how important it is to teach with the Holy Ghost, but even more important is that the person on the receiving end needs to be open and willing to feel those good feelings that testify of truth. Because we can try as hard as we want and provide that good environment, but if the other person is not willing or ready to REALLY listen...then nothing will change that. 

I KNOW that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that it is only through his Atonement that we can have a 2nd chance and continue to try to become better. 
Cool guy from New Zealand that we met. He served in Elder Salaiau's old ward.


Scripture of the Week: 
- Joshua 1:9 Don't let what other people say, change how you feel about who you are. 
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the aLord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Song of the Week:
- "How Firm A Foundation" -  Such a good song and is totally how I feel about my life and testimony. 

Goodbye pictures with my Murry, UT friends-



















Much Love,  
Elder Ditto 

No comments:

Post a Comment