Email Tyler at tyler.ditto@missionary.org

Monday, July 18, 2022

The Week of Lasts

Well, this is it! The last one. Last email. Last pday. This last week was full of "lasts." And honestly, I don't really know what to say in this email. I'm kinda excited to not have to write then anymore haha. But I am grateful that I did, so I can look back at them. 
Me and Presdient and Sister Condie


Thank you to whoever would read these or look at the pictures at least. I will list off some highlights from this week: 


- Elder Nogueira asked a 12-year-old if she works night shiftsπŸ˜‚

- We met a lot of atheists this week; there is a lot here in SLC. It mostly just makes me sad that a lot of them just had one bad experience with someone in some sort of church and now because of that, they choose to deny God and not believe in Him. 
Met Elder Welton's parents! 

- We had sushi!!! Delicious. Probably not as good as Japan...but I don't know anything different πŸ˜ͺ

Me and Brother and Sister Sherry


- Finished and basically started "MyPlan"
Driving the van

- Crazy rain and lightning storm

- Met a family who speaks a language where you have to click your tongue (I can't render what its called)
Elder Martinez looking happy with his food

- Had my departing interview
Sushi!


- Found out our church fob opens up an apartment complex in our area!!! Clutch. We can now knock it any day of the week haha. 


Pass off lesson 


- Had a pass-off lesson with the temple square sisters
I saw Elder Cleverly this week!!

- my last sacrament meeting as a full-time servant of the Lord

The next few days will be busy with picking up 17 new missionaries, helping them get oriented, and introducing them to the USLCM. I am excited to end strong and get to help these missionaries to finish strong. 

Honestly, I don't really know what to say here in this email. I don't wanna say too much and take away from my content in my homecoming talk haha. 


But I think to sum up my mission, I will end with an experience I had this week that reminded me of God's love for us. I was with Elder Scott, and we were about to have dinner with President Condie. But there was a long wait until we were able to be seated. So Elder Scott and I decided to go out and knock on some doors and street contact before dinner. We walked around and met quite a few people. It was awesome. Right as we were heading back to the restaurant, we walked past this teenage guy who was standing in his garage. We both kind of walked past him at first. I decided to turn and say hello and ask him for his name. We walked over to him and talked for a few minutes. This kid seemed very sad and lost. He had marks all over his neck and a crazy rash on his chest and limbs. His knees were bruised and his eyes seemed very red and almost scared. His phone was completed shattered and destroyed by his feet and there was a car battery by his feet, with an electrical cord hanging from the ceiling. I don't want to be too descriptive, but we ended up talking to him about God, prayer, and baptism. Left him with a picture of Jesus and made sure he knows God loves him. Then he walked back to his house and left everything outside. I'm not sure what ended up happening with him, because we sent the family ward Elders back to visit him. But it was a good reminder about how God knows us individually. Like not just as humans. But as His child. I pray that you all feel that love and also find those opportunities to show love to those around you. 

I love you all and thank you for following me along for the ride. 

If you want to attend my homecoming talk, then let me know and I can get you more info. Or if you'd like to watch via zoom then I have a link for that too. 

Song of the Week:

Lyrics

1. ‘Tis sweet to sing the matchless love Of Him who left his home above And came to earth–oh, wondrous plan–To suffer, bleed, and die for man!

(Chorus)For Jesus died on Calvary, That all thru him might ransomed be. Then sing hosannas to his name; Let heav’n and earth his love proclaim.

2. ‘Tis good to meet each Sabbath dayAnd, in his own appointed way, Partake the emblems of his death,And thus renew our love and faith.

3. Oh, blessed hour! communion sweet! When children, friends, and teachers meetAnd, in remembrance of his grace,Unite in sweetest songs of praise.



Scripture of the Week:
- The Book of Mormon Questions. I just finished reading the Book of Mormon and highlighting all the questions that are asked in it. I learned a lot about questions and what makes up an effective question. The Angels are REALLY good at asking questions. 

Love,
Elder Ditto 

不尽、
γƒ‡γ‚£γƒƒγƒˆι•·θ€

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to finish your mission STRONG! That will always mean a lot to you throughout your life. We'll be out of town for your homecoming talk - our Button family reunion 2022! Many good wishes for your future! love, the Button's

    ReplyDelete